This article will guide you through the process of collecting electronic signatures from related parties such as teachers, lawyers, and guardians when sending forms to your patients/clients. We will cover how to request the additional signatures, and explain what happens after the form is sent out.
Please note that you can only collect additional signatures on forms that request at least one signature either from the client or a staff member.
How to collect additional signatures?
If the form requires one or multiple signatures, you will see the list of signatures required when assigning the form.
If you are looking to collect additional signatures on the form, click the "Add signer" button, which will open required fields that prompt you to enter details about the additional signers. Please note that there is a limit of 10 additional signers per form.
When adding signers, you as a provider/coordinator will need to enter the first name, last name and email address of the additional signer and define the relationship between the client/ contact with the additional signer.
The supported relations are:
- Guardian relations
- Adult guardian
- Emergency guardian
- Legal guardian
- Parent guardian
- Other relations
- CSW - County
- Extended family
- FFA Social Worker
- Healthcare provider
- Personal representative
Please note that the email entered as the additional signer can't be the same as the client's email or the host of/ owner of the Roster contact. If you want to require signatures from the client or the host/ owner of the contact, please refer to this article for more instructions on how to do so.
How to collect guardian signatures?
Before requesting a guardian signature, as a provider/coordinator,
- You will need to know whether the client needs to the sign the form, as well. Depending on your workflow or use case, you can request both dependent and guardian signatures or just guardian signature.
Next, click on the "Add signer" button to enter details about the guardian such as first name, last name and email address. Please note that the email address of the additional signer/guardian can't be the same as the client.
Next, if the client signature is also required on the form, keep the "Require [Participant full name]'s signature" box checked. If the client signature is not required on the form, uncheck the box.
- If the client signature is required on the form, both client and guardian signatures will need to be fulfilled in order for the form to be considered complete.
- If the client signature is not required on the form, only the guardian signature will need to be collected in order for the form to be considered complete. The client won't have to sign the form at all, however, they are responsible for adding the form response.
What happens after the additional signatures are requested?
After you click on "Assign form", the additional signers WILL NOT receive any email notification. Only when the form responses and signatures are submitted (either by the client or the provider/coordinator who has access to complete form on the participant's behalf), will the additional signers receive an email notification prompting them to add their signature to the form.
If the additional signer or guardian does not have an existing account on the platform, the email notification will prompt them to create their own account. Once their account is created, they are prompted to sign the form when logging into their account.
Please note that the additional signers and guardians will not be able to add their signatures until the client or the provider/coordinator has added their required signatures and/or responses to the form.
However, if the additional signer
- is a provider/coordinator on the platform who also has access to the contact/appointment, and;
- has permission to complete the form on the participant's behalf
They can complete the form on behalf of the participant and add their required signature, without having to wait for any additional signers to submit their signature and/or responses.
What happens after the additional signers add their signatures?
After all additional signers add their signatures and other signature requirements (from the client and/or staff) are fulfilled, all relevant parties who have signed the form will receive an email notification notifying them that the form they signed has been fully signed and completed. By clicking on the button in the email notification, the user will be prompted to view the form so they can review the response and signatures as needed.
Notes about additional signatures
- As a provider/coordinator, you can only collect additional signatures via a 1:1 appointment or via a Roster contact. If you have a group appointment and want to collect additional signatures for each participant, you will need to navigate to their Roster contact individually and assign the form via the Forms tab
- The email address associated with an additional signer can't be the same as the client's email address or the host's email address.
- The maximum number of additional signers is 10.
- Additional signers can't add their signature until the form response is submitted by the client or a staff member who can complete the form on client's behalf.
- If the additional signer is a staff member who can complete the form on client's behalf, they will be able to add their signature and the form response without having to wait.
If you are curious as to how guardian & additional signers can add their signatures on a form, please refer to this article.
Feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any further question, via email@example.com