Session notes allows you to create secure, encrypted notes both during and after a session. Let's do a walkthrough of how Session Notes work in the OnCall Health platform.
You will be able to create notes in a couple of places in OnCall. You can do so during your appointment, after your appointment and in roster (if applicable).
We will be reviewing notes during and after your appointment. If you are looking for a guide on Roster notes, please refer to this guide.
- In session notes, you can add notes in a variety of style formats. These formats will be available at the top of the Session Notes box. Clicking on each of these options will change the formatting of the notes inside the box.
- You can also have templates for your notes. If you have a template that needs to be included on your session notes, contact your Customer Success Manager to add it to your account today.
3. In order to ensure your notes save, please click on SAVE when changes are made.
During the appointment
Whether you are in a video call, a phone call, or have an in-person appointment, Session Notes are accessible.
- In order to view your notes during the appointment, click on 'Complete' for in-person and phone appointments, or on 'Join Video Session' for video appointments.
Note: If your video appointment time has passed, ‘Join Video Session’ will say ‘Complete’.
- You will be shown an empty Session Notes field. You may enter your session notes.
- Before completing your appointment, please click on SAVE.
Your notes will autosave in 10 second intervals.
If you are looking to finish charting after your appointment, you will be able to edit notes from the past appointments tab.
- Click on Complete to conclude your appointment. Your Session Notes will be editable after your appointment.
After the Appointment
When an appointment is concluded, you can review and edit session notes for each participant.
- Go to “View appointments that are:” and select Past. All Session Notes will be available under the appointment session.
- Go to your desired appointment and expand 'See Session Notes' to view your notes.
- To edit your notes, click on the edit button in the bottom left hand corner of your dialogue box.
- Any edits will save as a new draft with the author’s name, date and timestamp. Once you are done with your note edits, click on 'Save'. Your Note History list will populate with a new note with the latest changes.
- You can view these notes any time. Any edits that you make retroactively will be added to your Note History list.
If you have any questions about Session notes, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have session notes and are interested in adding it to your account, contact your Customer Support Manager today!