Screen sharing can be a powerful tool for enhancing your interactions with clients during online sessions. Whether you're using the Secure Video Client (SVC) or Zoom for Healthcare. Sharing your screen allows you to review homework exercises or share valuable resources with clients. The good news is that your clients can also share their screens with ease. Let's walk through the steps together.
Quick Links ⚡️
How to Share using Zoom
1. Once you and the client have both joined the technical support session, either you or the client can start sharing your screen. Simply click on the green “Share Screen” icon on the bottom of the Zoom screen.
2. This will bring up the screens that the client can choose to screen share. Advise the client to choose the screen where they are having the issue and click “Share” on the bottom right corner.
Using The Secure Video Client (SVC)
How to Screen Share on a Mac
When it's time for your online video appointment, click "Join Video Session."
To start sharing your screen, click the "Share" button on the top taskbar of your browser, located at the farthest right. You can choose to share an individual window (under "Window") or your entire screen (under "Screen")
3. Select the specific window on your screen that you'd like to share.
4. Your client can now follow along while your appointment continues. To stop sharing your screen, click on the "Share" taskbar again, followed by selecting "None." Remember, even after ending the screen share, you can continue your online video appointment for as long as needed.
How to Screen Share on a Windows Device
At your appointment time, click "Join Video Session."
To initiate screen sharing, click the "Share" button on the top taskbar of your browser, located at the farthest right. You can choose to share an individual window (under "Window") or your entire screen (under "Monitor").
Your client will see a black screen, which is intentional. You should be able to see your image in this black square.
This screen is black on purpose. You should be able to see your image in this black square.
4. Your client can follow along as your appointment progresses. To stop sharing your screen, click on the "Share" taskbar again, followed by selecting "None." And remember, even after concluding the screen share, your online video appointment can continue as needed.
Using WebRTC option for Secure Video Client (SVC)
1. To begin, click on "Join Video Session" and click on "Continue with your browser". It is recommended you use Google Chrome for this.
2. Next, click on the presentation button on the bottom left to begin sharing your screen. You will then be prompted to select an active computer screen or browser window to share with your patient.
3. You can get back to the Appointment Summary page to review the client's information by clicking on the "Back to Appointment Summary" button in the bottom right corner
Security: Sharing your entire screen means your patient can see everything open on your desktop computer. Be sure not to have any private information visible as it may be in sight of your patient.
If you need additional support, please refer to Zoom's knowledge base article on sharing your screen.
Need A Hand? 🙋🏽🤔
Followed all the steps but still having issues? Feel free to reach out to our support team, we're more than happy to help!