Providers and coordinators can easily assign digital forms and assessments to clients to help collect any necessary client information before, during, or after an appointment. Follow these steps to learn how to do so
Form Assignment: To assign a form, you must have already created at least one form in your account. If you haven't created any forms yet, you can use the Form Builder to make one. Alternatively, if you need assistance adding a new form, please reach out to email@example.com, and they'll be happy to help.
Mobile Device Limitation: Please be aware that on mobile devices, both providers and coordinators cannot schedule form delivery or complete forms on behalf of patients. This feature is available on other platforms but not on mobile devices.
Assigning and Completing Forms:
After creating the appointment, click the paper clip icon on the top right corner of the Appointment card.
Select "Assign form", choose the desired form, and click "Next: Form settings" to choose the delivery date of the form and send the form to collect additional signers if applicable.
Choose the delivery option ("Assign now" or "Schedule") that you prefer and select the participant(s) that you want to assign the form.
If "Schedule" is selected, the delivery date and time will need to be filled in so that the participants will be informed via email and prompted to complete the form on the scheduled date.
If you would like to send the form to collect additional signatures from a 3rd party that is not the provider or participant of the appointment, please refer to this support article.
What Happens After You Assign a Form?
- Participants get an email notifying them about the new form.
- If it's scheduled, the email reminder goes out on the chosen date and time.
- They click the email prompt to access their account and complete the form. They can also choose "Complete later" if needed.
For Additional Signers:
- They'll get an email saying their signature is required after the response is submitted.
- If somehow the additional signer is able to access the form before it has a response submitted, they won't be able to add their signature since we do not accept forms that have signature but don't have a response.
For more information about additional signers, please refer to this article.
After Form Submission:
- Once the participant submits their form response, you will be notified via email.
- Clicking on the prompt in this email will take you to the form automatically so that you can review their responses.
- If your signature is also required on the form, you will be prompted to add your signature to the form after clicking the link. For more instructions to add your signature, please refer to this guide.
Completing Forms on Behalf of Clients or Participants
In order to increase form completion rate and allow providers to collect necessary client information via various channels (i.e. calling participants to collect answers for intake forms due to their unfamiliarity with technology, or due to things like an unstable internet connection, etc), we have expanded the form completion permissions to allow providers and coordinators to complete forms on behalf of their clients. Click here to learn more.
💡Please contact your Customer Success Manager directly to have them enable the permissions for you to complete Participant Forms.
Steps to Complete Forms on Behalf of Clients or Participants:
- Log into your account and find the assigned form for the participant.
- Click the form and start filling in the client's responses.
Once you finish the form and click on "Submit", the participant will be notified via email and will be able to review the form responses by clicking on the prompt in the notification email.
If the form that you are completing on their behalf also requires their signature, the client will receive an email notification about their signature being required after you submit the response. From there, the client can add their signature, which will trigger a notification. This notification keeps you both updated on the completion status.
If you are looking to save your form as a PDF or how to print your form, learn how here. If you are looking to assign a form and complete it yourself without exposing it to your participants, learn how here.
Need A Hand? 🙋🏽🤔
Followed all the steps but still having issues? Feel free to reach out to our support team, we're more than happy to help!