OnCall will automatically pull your availability from times that you SET AS AVAILABLE on the calendar. OnCall will not pull availability from times that you have left open on your calendar. You must set the blocks of time that you are available for booking. This way, by default you do not have to block off times that you will be unavailable such as overnight and weekends.
- Select the Google calendar that you previously set up in this guide (i.e. your OnCall Health calendar).
- Create blocks of time that you will be available. You can add or remove time slots at any time, and OnCall will automatically sync this availability with your online booking system every 5 minutes.
- If you have designated a buffer time between appointments, please be sure to take this into account when setting your availability. For example, a 60 minute appointment that requires 30 minutes of buffer time will require a 90 minute slot on your calendar.
- It's better to create one long "available" event than several different, subsequent events. For example, create one event from 2:00pm to 4:00pm if you will be available, rather than two events (2:00pm to 3:00pm AND 3:00pm to 4:00pm).
- You can create recurring available events by creating the event, clicking "edit" and then clicking "repeat." For example, if you will always be available Wednesdays from 12:00pm to 1:00pm this will save you from inputting a new event each week.
3. Keep in mind, you will need to select the appropriate calendar to add your "available" times. Click the drop down list to select the correct calendar before creating your event.
Please note: When an appointment request is accepted, or if you manually create an appointment in your OnCall provider account, the system will automatically remove those time slots from your availability on your online booking page. Syncing automatically occurs every 5 minutes.