OnCall’s first version of group messaging is now available! Read on to learn more about how to create group messages and communicate with several participants at once.
Group messaging will allow you to create messaging appointments up to 25 participants, whether it be patients or colleagues. Whether you are looking to share a file with your most recent group session, discuss the contents of your session, or do some collaborative teamwork, you can use group messaging in any way that suits your needs! Here is how to get started:
- Click the Messages tab located at the top of the window
- Click on ‘Create new Conversation’
- A new tab will open to allow you to create your messaging conversation.
Messaging conversations can be immediate or scheduled.
To start an immediate conversation, leave the date & time blank.
To create a scheduled (future) conversation, enter the date & time.
4. To add multiple participants, click on ‘Add Participant’.
Please note: If you want to charge your clients, please enter the amount on the Fee field. If you don't want to charge your clients, please enter "0". You will not see a Fee field if your clinic does not wish to charge clients via OnCall.
All fields need to be filled in order to successfully create the session.
5. When you are done, click ‘Create New Conversation’. The button should be in Blue
6. Your new conversation will populate on your messaging list on the left hand side under ‘Active’.
Select your conversation from your messages list. You may begin chatting!
7. As the host, you will be able to view your participants emails when clicking on the drop down beside your participant name.
Note: Your participants will be able to see the participant's names, not their emails.
8. To send files to your participants, click on the paper clip in your attachments list on the right hand side.
All of your participants will be selected to receive the file by default.
If you’d like to hide the file, make sure to deselect the participant name.
Note: You will not be able to delete the file after uploading, so make sure you are sending the right file to the right participant!
9. To send forms to your participants, click on the paper clip in your attachments list on the right hand side and click on ‘Assign a form’.
Select the form you want to send and select the participant you want to send it to from the ‘Select Participant’ button.
10. To download a copy of your chat conversation for your records, click on the ellipses and click ‘Export to .csv’.
11. Once you have completed the conversation, click on ‘Complete’. Your conversation will appear in ‘Archived’.
Please note: The participants will be charged according to the amount you have entered for each of them in the Fee field before
If your participants are missing payment information, you will get a confirmation message informing you of the missing payment information. If you'd like to collect the payment, we recommend you do not complete the conversation and reach out to your participant to enter in their payment information. Once they have done so, you may come back and Complete the conversation to process the payment
12. Once your conversation is ‘Archived’, participants are no longer able to send or receive messages. You will be able to read your conversation and access any files and forms that were shared.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully completed a group messaging conversation!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Can I edit my group conversation?
A: No. Group conversations cannot be edited to add more participants. If you’ve forgotten to add someone, you will need to ‘Complete’ the conversation and create a new one.
Q: Can I delete the forms and files that I shared?
A: No. You cannot delete forms and files that were shared in the conversation. Please ensure you select the correct forms and files and the correct participant before sending.
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact email@example.com or 1(888) 687 9288 ext 1.