Once you have created a Patient Profile to send prescription, you will now need to create the prescription to send over to the pharmacy.
You will need to:
- Create Draft Prescription
- Approve the Prescription to add your signature
- Send Prescription to the pharmacy via e-fax
1. Creating Draft Prescription:
- Medication: This opens up a drop down list of medications stored from the Health Canada Drug Product Database.
- Pharmacy: Please select a pharmacy by entering in your address and selecting a location on the map. Our database covers 95% of pharmacies in Ontario and 10,500 pharmacies in Canada. From there click on Save Location
If you cannot find the pharmacy you are looking for, you can add a pharmacy manually by clicking on +Add a new pharmacy manually.
Enter the Pharmacy name and fax number:
- Instructions: Enter the instructions on how to take the medication
- Rationale: Enter in the reasoning behind the prescription
- Allow for Substitutions: Check if applicable
Optional: Click Add a new medication on the bottom if you’d like to add more than one drug to the prescription. Follow the exact same steps to add a new medication to the prescription.
- Click on the Save button on top left and a Draft Prescription will be created.
- You will now be able to review by clicking the “See more Details” button and edit the Draft Prescription before Approving it by clicking on the icon. You can also delete the prescription by clicking on the icon.
2. Approve the prescription:
- Click Approve to add your e-signature (Your digital signature will be set up through your Account Manager)
- Once the Signature is added, the Draft Prescription will be moved to Active Prescription.
3. Send prescription to pharmacies:
- Click on Send Prescription to submit the prescription to the pharmacy and the copy of the prescription will be sent through e-faxing. Click on Download as PDF if you want a copy of the prescription for your record.
- If the prescription is successfully faxed to the pharmacy, the Fax status will change to Sent Successfully as opposed to the Not Sent status before you click on Send Prescription.
Once you have finished sending prescriptions to pharmacies, all is left now is to check if the prescription has been sent successfully. Please refer to this article for instructions on what will happen after you send the prescription.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Technical Support at email@example.com or 1 888 687 9288 ext 1.