To encourage more collaborations among providers on our platform, we have expanded a provider's permission when they are being invited to an appointment. This could satisfy use cases where providers are invited:
- To co-host the appointment
- To observe the host during the appointment
- For training purposes
- For consultation purposes
Please note that there is a slight difference in permissions if you are being invited to an appointment in a division that has Roster Sharing enabled. If you want to learn more about Roster Sharing permissions, you can read more here
Providers invited as participants
Coordinators invited as participants
- Providers who are invited as participants cannot complete appointments while coordinators who are invited as participants can complete appointments
- This is applied to providers that are being invited as participants in the same divisions, as well as divisions they don't belong to. This means if your provider's email is being used to be invited to an appointment where you are a real client/ patient, you will have more permissions than necessary. Please make sure to provide the appropriate email address when receiving care
- To make sure that you are always informed of the elevated provider permission, we will display a warning message when a provider is invited as a participant in an appointment
Need A Hand? 🙋🏽🤔
Followed all the steps but still having issues? Feel free to reach out to our support team, we're more than happy to help!
Please sign in to leave a comment.